We now offer online meetings with a teacher, called Daisan, as well as weekly online classes and discussions.
Herb Eko Deer, Sensei is available on Skype if you want to schedule an appointment.
You can also join his weekly online classes and discussions, please refer to his blog site zencomprehensible.com for details.
12 Step Practice
Eko also offers 12 Step teachings and support for both addicts and non-addicts. He teaches ‘12 Steps For Normal People’ as Koans for Zen students or for anyone working on sobriety. Though these steps are taken from the traditional 12 Step programs, he has changed them to fit the needs of Zen students and people without addictions.
Here are the Steps as he is teaching them:
1) We admit we have issues and that we are unhappy because of them.
2) We become willing to do the steps and have faith we can heal.
3) We let go of controlling our issues and we ask for help with them.
4) We make a thorough list of all the resentments that we have caused or gotten in our life, we list our part in them as well as our issues and triggers around them.
5) We share this list with someone who can support and encourage us in this process and help us see the patterns of these issues throughout our life.
6) We list our emotional issues and triggers taken from step four.
7) We ask for help with these issues.
8) We make a thorough list of all the people referred especially those mentioned in step four.
9) We apologize to all of them making amends appropriately unless it would cause more harm than good.
10) We continue these steps regularly perhaps daily as a special practice.
11) We meditate and pray regularly to deepen this process, letting go of selfish goals.
12) We help others heal their lives using these same principles.